Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Books! *drooooool...*

Squee!

After many weeks of gently ramping frustration over the library strike, I have broken down and bought myself some treats.

Five lovely, juicy treats. They are:

- The Wizard Lord by Lawrence Watt-Evans
(Never heard of the guy, but the writing snagged me.)

- Stardust by Neil Gaiman
('cos really, it's a shame I haven't read more Gaiman than I have.)

- Storm Front (Book 1 of the Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher
(ZOMG, I'm so excited about this one! I've never read this author before, but I pulled a few of these Dresden books off the shelf, read a paragraph or two, and every single one of them hooked me. I think I'm in for a real treat, here.)

- His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novak
(It gets down to business quickly, which I really like to see in a book. I can also probably pass this one along to my dad.)

- The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay
(Because I swoon--swoon, I say--over Guy Gavriel Kay's writing.)

Wallet? Somewhat lighter.

Book-itch? About to be relieved. Hurray!

Pageloads since 01/01/2009: