El Husbando just dumped these books in our laundry hamper in silent protest of the fact I've been storing them on the floor and he keeps stubbing his toes on them.
The ten little piggies shown are in fact mine, not his, and the books themselves have been gathering dust (and toes) mainly because I finished them but haven't gotten around to donating them to the hospital yet.
Which is another way of saying they're up for grabs. Let's have a contest instead!
In honour of my husband's ten aggrieved little piggies, I have split these books (plus four others I just unearthed from beneath the bed) into the following ten prize packs.
Prize pack 1 won by Sarah Laurenson!
The Iron Hunt by Marjorie M. Liu (book 1 of series) Darkness Calls by Marjorie M. Liu (book 2 of series
- The White Road by Lynn Flewelling (warning: 2nd book of duology)
- Trick of the Light by Rob Thurmon
Prize pack 3 won by McKoala!
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (book 1 of series) Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris (book 2 of series) Club Dead by Charlaine Harris (book 3 of series)
Prize pack 4: [The "Demons and Doggies" Collection]
- The Edge of Reason by Melinda Snodgrass
- The Gaslight Dogs by Karin Lowachee
Prize pack 6 won by Merry Monteleone!
Emissaries From the Dead by Adam-Troy Castro
Prize pack 6: [The "Transparent" Twosome]
- Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane
- Thief With No Shadow by Emily Gee
Prize pack 7:
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
Prize pack 8:
- Running With the Demon by Terry Brooks
Prize pack 9 won by Michelle Massaro!
Count Zero by William Gibson First Lord's Fury by Jim Butcher (warning: 7th book of septology)
Prize pack 10: [The "Luck and Lunatics" Collection]
- Divine Misfortune by A. Lee Martinez
- Magickeepers by Erica Kirov
So how do you win one of these prize packs? There are three ways to enter!
- Convince five people who have never commented on my blog to do so. They must name you in their comment in order to be counted toward your total, and they are free (and encouraged) to compete with you by drumming up their own fivesome of commenters!
- Write me a humourous poem of at least 100 words and post it here. Multi-verse haiku are especially welcomed.
- Link to The Writer's Weigh Scale on any two writer's forums or blogs, then leave me a comment saying where you left the references (please include the URLs.)
I will mail the prize packs anywhere in the world, but I reserve the right to use El-Cheapo-Slo-Mo service if you're separated from me by sufficient quantities of brine.
Oh, and if I can't get in touch with you, I have to consider you disqualified and pass your prize on to someone else. Make sure you leave me some way to contact you; if I can click through and comment on your blog, that'll do the trick.
Any questions? Ask them here. Otherwise, good luck and enjoy yourselves!
BREAKING NEWS 0001: FairyHedgehog is our first winner!
BREAKING NEWS 0010: Michelle Massaro wins a prize pack!
BREAKING NEWS 0011: FairyHedgehog wins a second prize!
BREAKING NEWS 0100: McKoala wins a prize pack!
BREAKING NEWS 0101: Sarah Laurenson wins a prize pack! (Donated to Merry Monteleone.)
BREAKING NEWS 0110: Merry Monteleone wins a prize pack for writing in the face of danger!