Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

For New Year's Day:
May your hangover be small, and your eyes un-crusty. May the party-wreckage of your living room be manageable, and may all your guests be safe and sober at home now (rather than asleep in your bathtub.)

For the month:
May your waistline hastily recede back to the size of your pants. May the chocolate-induced acne fade before you have to go back to work. May you feel all the hopefulness of approaching spring.

For the year:
May you have a safe and prosperous 2009, full of joy, good health, and great heaping whack-loads of pure fun. May you reach all your goals (writing and otherwise), and may your challenges only be exciting and invigorating ones!

Have a very happy 2009, everyone!

5 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

Happy new year to you, too! I hope to get my move over with and my old house sold by June. Anything other than that? Pure gravy.

Sarf's Travels. said...

hey sis

I found a you tub video of the fireworks and added a link to my blog. It puts the photos to shame.

jjdebenedictis said...

Writtenwyrdd: Good luck with the belongings-juggling and excellent-stupendous-incredible luck with selling the house (which I gather is just a wee bit hard in the US right now.)

Sarf: I saw the video! That was incredible; I poked El Husbando and made him watch it too. The explosions weren't just many, they also went on for so loooooooong...

Ello said...

Happy New Year! And I love the new avatar!!!

jjdebenedictis said...

Happy New Year to you also! (I really like the new blog, btw.)

Thank you! I've been meaning to draw myself an icon for while now. Y'see, if you leave off the wrinkles? That's just called artistic license.

Pageloads since 01/01/2009: